You seldom see me outside of the house at 5pm. It is M*A*S*H time. I would usually be feeding Jens his dinner while watching it. I'm soo into it that as much as possible I don't want to miss any episode of it. Jens is the same. However busy he is with playing or eating but upon hearing the soundtrack, it's like a red-light on the street or a whistle that will stop him or catch his attention.
Th acronym M*A*S*H means Mobile Army Surgical hospital. It is a tv series about doctors assigned in South Korea (in MASH 4077) during the war. It is more of a black comedy and a drama as well.
Just so you know some more, here are some random facts:
- There are 251 episodes in eleven season for a three-year war. (I wanted to own DVDs of this but my budget couldn't afford it.)
- Two of the cast members, Jamie Farr (Klinger) and Alan Alda (Hawkeye Pierce) served in the U.S. Army in Korea in the 1950s after the Korean War. The dog tags (medical jewelry)Farr wears on the show are his actual dogtags. Farr served as part of a USO tour with Red Skelton.
- Radar's teddy bear, once housed at the Smithsonian, was sold at auction July 29, 2005, for $11,800.
- On Sesame Street, Big Bird's teddy bear is named Radar. This is in homage to Radar O'Reilly's teddy bear.
- It has a very interesting introduction. Curious?